This is a super-tasty recipe, that I highly recommend you try. I’ll add pictures when I have them, but I keep accidentally eating the frittata too quickly to take a photo.
Usually make this in an 8×8 pan and wrap squares of it up so I can eat it at work. Nice and easy to heat in the toaster oven.
Spinach and Cheese Frittata:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (less is okay too)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour (can use half whole wheat if you want)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lb cheese (I usually use cheddar because it has a strong taste that spreads throughout the whole thing, but mozzarella is good too, and feta would probably be awesome too)
- 4 cups fresh spinach (bite-sized pieces) (or 1 frozen box)
- Melt butter in a 7×10 baking dish (or 8×8 as I mentioned above)
- Beat eggs and add remaining ingredients. Blend well.
- Pour spinach mixture over melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 F) for 40-50 min, until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Notes: I typically don’t measure the cheese; I just grate a bunch and mix it in till it looks like enough (probably a cup or a cup and a half). I made it in an 8×8 baking dish and put the butter in the oven to melt while I mix up the rest of the ingredients. Then when you pour the rest of the ingredients on top the butter goes on top and makes the edges a little crispy.