I’m so excited! It’s been a tough summer for cooking with my job, so when it’s done it’s time for a new challenge: a month of never cooking the same thing twice. That’s right, it’s going to be a month of new recipes!
This challenge was inspired by my friend Chris, who came over once with a delicious butter chicken meal to share with me. As I was commenting on how tasty it was, he mentioned that it was a new recipe – and in fact he had never cooked the same meal twice.
I’m not ready for that type of lifelong commitment, but I’m pumped for this because:
- I get to cook again! It feels like it’s been so long
- Great way to get out of the always-make-the-same-thing rut
- Perfect opportunity to try all the new recipes I save from everywhere but never seem to get around to trying
Not sure yet whether this will apply to all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) or if it’ll be a dinner-only challenge – but I do know leftovers will be permitted! I doubt I’ll be cooking 3 meals a day for the entire month.
And since I’m so excited, I’m going to begin gathering all the recipes I’ve collected. There will be a paper pile of scribbled recipes but here’s my online list:
- Spicy Black Bean Soup – thanks to Allison Bench, who also suggested the following modifications: a) only 2 cans of beans; b) add 1 can of diced tomatoes; c) instead of the 4.5 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp each cumin AND chili powder (add more to taste); d) add 1 cup corn towards the end (after i blended it); e) mix chipotle hot sauce with sour cream for the sauce on top. Her version is here, posted on Sept. 9.
- Meal prep your day – multiple recipes here, including Strawberry Banana Smoothie, Mixed Berry Smoothie, Fruit ‘N’ Yogurt Parfait, Turkey Taco Bowls, Roasted Shrimp & Veggie Salad, Chicken Teriyaki, and Pesto Chicken and Veggies.
- The Worst Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 26 Delicious Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- BBQ Lentil Balls
- Healthy Flourless Fudge Brownies (I am skeptical, but worth a shot, right?
- Grain Free, Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Wild Bella has a lot of delightful-looking recipes
- Four weeknight dinners: Shrimp & Asparagus Stir-Fry, Slow-Cooker Sesame Chicken, One-Pot Chickpea Curry, Honey Lime Shrimp (all of which look amazing)
- Pesto (pasta and/or chicken)
- Roast chicken (whole! Inspired by my dad)
- Stuffed mushrooms (which I love)